Total Security Parental Control allows you to restrict access to Internet and to specific applications, preventing your children from viewing inappropriate content whenever you are not around. To configure the Parental Control, follow these steps:
- Create limited (standard) Windows user accounts for your children to use.
- Make sure you are logged on to the computer with an administrator account. Only users with administrative rights on the system (system administrators) can access and configure Parental Control.
- Configure Parental Control for the Windows user accounts your children use.
- Open the Total Security window.
- Access the Privacy panel.
- Under the Parental Control module, select Configure.
- Make sure that you are logged in to your MyPCSecurityShield account.
- The Parental Control dashboard will open in a new window. This is where you can check and configure the Parental Control settings.
- Click Add child on the left-side menu.
- Enter the name and age of the child in the Profile tab. Setting the age of the child will automatically load settings considered appropriate for that age category, based on child development standards.
Check your children's activities and change the Parental Control settings using MyPCSecurityShield from any computer or mobile device connected to the Internet.